The subject of pre move in cleaning is often seen as an annoying chore to be done as and when it is necessary. However, if you plan your move correctly, then this will be the easiest and least time-consuming part of your move.
In this article, we discuss the essential checklist you will need for pre move in cleaning in Singapore.
Here is the checklist we will cover:
- Living Room
- Extra Rooms (Storage, Dining Room, Basement)
- Terrace and Backyard
The most important thing to tackle as you prepare for pre move in cleaning in Singapore is how your new bathroom is gonna look. We know you don’t want to spend a lot of time on it, but the only way to know what you need is to look at it and make a list.
What needs to be done?
There are a lot of things that need to be done in your bathroom, some are specific and others are not. You will have to find out what you need and start from there. Below is just an example of how you can tackle the bathroom:
- Scrub the floor and walls with a scrubbing brush.
- Clean the mirror and light fixture.
- Wash the shower curtain and any other fabric items.
- Clean the mirror and light fixture.
- Clean the faucet handles and towel bar.
- Scrub the toilet bowl, including the underside of the seat.
- Wash the toilet seat with mild dish soap (and if it is chrome, you may want to use a sponge to remove as much grime as possible).
The bedroom is the most important room in your house, as you will use it the most often, so it needs to be in tip-top shape before you move in.
As you go through your checklist for pre move in cleaning in Singapore, you notice that you can almost tackle it here in one go, so this should not be a hard task for you at all! Ensuring the cleanliness also helps to create good Feng Shui for bedrooms.
If you need some ideas on how to tackle this room for your move then check out our list below:
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Set out fresh bed sheets and pillowcases.
- Wash the mattress pad and replace it if necessary.
- Vacuum all furniture, rugs, baseboards, and walls.
- Clean all mirrors and light fixtures.
- Scrub baseboards, windowsills, and door sills with a damp cloth.
- Dust baseboards, blinds, and drapes.
- Sweep or vacuum corners of the room with a soft brush attachment to remove cobwebs.
- Clean window frames with a wet cloth (or use window cleaner if windows are clear).
- Wash bedside tables and dressers (if you have them).
- Clean dust off ceiling fans and light fixtures with a dry cloth or vacuum.
- Mop the floor around baseboards to remove dust bunnies (don’t forget to wipe the top of the cabinets too!).
The kitchen is another important area in your house, so it requires deep cleaning before moving in. You can do this by following the below list:
- Clean all windowsills, walls, and appliances.
- Dust all surfaces with a dry cloth or vacuum.
- Dust all light fixtures and appliances.
- Scrub sink and faucet handles with a sponge or dish soap.
- Clean the cabinets, baseboards, countertops, and appliances.
- Wash the window blinds and drapes.
- Wash floors with a wet mop or broom (if they are vinyl).
- Set refrigerator and check for gas.
- Clean refrigerator.
Meanwhile, the living room is one of the biggest areas when it comes to house cleaning. Undoubtedly, it would take up a big chunk of time to clean.
Here is the list of things to take note during the cleaning process:
- Vacuum the floor.
- Dust the light fixtures and surfaces.
- Dust furniture and blinds.
- Scrub the windowsills, window sills, and light fixtures with a sponge or dish soap.
- Wash all curtains and drapes.
- Clean blinds and drapes with a dry cloth or vacuum cleaner.
- Wash windows with a wet mop or broom (if they are vinyl).
- Dust the table, cushion, and other furniture you have in the room.
Extra Rooms (Storage, Dining Room, Basement)
The extra rooms you have in your house will be one of the last things you take care of during pre move in cleaning in Singapore. You will probably want to use them to store things you rarely use.
To do this, simply clean the room and make a plan of how to organize your things inside them.
You might also need to buy new shelves or cupboards to store things like books, plates, etc.
Terrace and Backyard
For landed property homeowners, do not neglect the outside areas of your house after you’ve moved in.
Hence, it’s important to ensure that your yard area undergoes professional cleaning and landscaping for maintenance purposes. Cut the grass, line up the plants, and place outdoor furniture.
Your terrace and backyard are probably the biggest spaces you have in your house, so make sure to give them a good clean before moving in.
Should you hire a professional cleaner?
If the list above seems so daunting to you, consider hiring a professional cleaner. They’re people who can ensure that you have a clean and organized home at a very affordable price.
Professional cleaners are more effective and thorough than most people who clean their own homes. They’ll do everything from dusting to vacuuming and cleaning hard to reach areas.
And if you’ve ever seen professional cleaners in action, you’ll know that they are indeed the real deal. Experienced cleaners are usually equipped with professional cleaning equipment to ensure that all cleaning works are done effectively.
As the word professional implies, there are two different professionals that you can hire to help with your cleaning needs: (1) an experienced house cleaner or (2) a cleaning company with several experienced cleaners as staff.
Both have their pros and cons, so it’s important to decide which is best for you. Consider the price, type of service, duration, and reputation before making the call.
Ready for your pre move in cleaning in Singapore?
As you can see, the above list of things you need to do before your move to Singapore is not very long. If you prepare your house in advance, then you will have no problems at all with pre move in cleaning in Singapore.
You should be able to get a full list of things that need to be done and then go through them one by one. Once you have everything done, then your move will be smooth sailing and hassle-free!
Contact us today for home cleaning, post renovation cleaning or pre moving cleaning services today!